View of the forward part of the original cabin just prior to cutting the hole for the forward hatch (L).
The hole is cut and the rails (23) havc been removed. I chose to leave the deck clamp for the rails (21) in place. I added a piece of plywood aft of the hatch hole to cover the span across the deck clamps, otherwise water could collect there.
Another shot showing what remained after the sawing. I cut out an inch or so on the aft end of the tabernacle frames (26) to allow for the frame of the hatch cover.
A shot from inside looking up.
YET TO COME - the coamings and the hatch itself.
Back to Martha Jane
Back to BoatsHome